We have all done it, some sort of quick fix weight loss diet. Has it ever worked? No. At least not for the long run. Something finally broke inside of me and I had a burning desire to get healthier. I knew that my eating habits were very poor, causing me to be down and have a negative self body image. So my research began and I happened across the Whole 30 diet, which changed my view of food forever. Find out about my Whole 30 experience here.
After taking sugar out of my diet for 30 days, I saw no reason to put it back into my diet. Ever. And here’s why:
- Sugar has no nutritional value. None. So why put it into your body? It can only harm you, not help you. We can get enough natural sugars with whole foods like fruit.
- It is addictive. I really struggled with having a sweet tooth. But think about it, from the time we were little, we have thought of food as a reward. Adults would bribe us with sweets. Sweets become a treat, a reward, or something that we feel we need after every meal. You can almost in a sense, call it an idol because of it’s addictive character. Somehow, even though we are full, there is always room for dessert. It’s because sugar is addicting. Try and go without sugar for a few days and you will start to see the effects of this truth.
- Our bodies burn sugar quickly causing our body to crash. Have you noticed this? Sugar may fill us up and give us energy but it is quickly used up and then we feel hungry and tired again. It is not a long-lasting satisfaction.
- Sugar is turned to fat. Enough said.
- It can be the source of acne issues. (Speaking from experience) Researchers are now saying that this is a myth but sugar does raise your blood pressure, which increases insulin and can clog your pores. I don’t know all of the research on this, but I do know that my skin has definitely improved since quitting sugar.
There are many more reasons to quit sugar but these are the reasons that I personally can give you from experience. Quitting sugar is not easy but you can do it if you properly plan and set goals for this challenge. The great thing is that it becomes a lifestyle because you will never want to go back. Find out the benefits of quitting sugar.